Irrawaddy Dolphins Watching & Ways of life Seeing ($650)
Day 1: Mandalay Jetty - Myayzun - Indaung
Day 2: Indaung - Shainmakar - Mingun - Mandalay Jetty
Day 1: Mandalay-Myayzun-Indaung
Transfer to the jetty (the busiest trading port) at about 8:00 A.M; take a look loading, unloading and squatters’ lives. Depart from the Jetty with chartered boat for about 4 hours to Myayzun (one of dolphin conservative villages). Stroll around in this colorful village to observe local living style, year round cultivated fields of crops, hand-weaving, obtaining oil with oil-press, cheroots workshop, making drum, traditional fans production and making traditional cigar. Lunch will be served at this village’s house with local foods.
After that, proceed sailing to Indaung village to see dolphins. Take small local boat to watch the cooperative fishing between fisherman and dolphins. Observe the ways of approaching to the dolphins, throwing fish-net, sharing fish and making friendship between man and them (approx.1 hour). Afterwards, anchor off the boat the village jetty to overnight on boat.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner on boat
Overnight on boat
Day 2: Indaung –Shainmakar-Mingun-Mandalay
At this morning at 7:00 A.M; sail down for short distance to Shainmakar Ywarthit (beautiful riverside village). Explore at the village to get friendliness with locals. In this simple village, you will see drinking water pots and various pot-toys making process, weaving, cows-sheds and rural atmosphere. While sailing down to Mingun, on the cruise, you can see going downstream and upstream loaded boats, the beauty of the mighty Ayeyarwaddy, water-birds, cultivated farms, and small houses on the island.
After 3 hours long, arrive at Mingun: visit to Settawyar Pagoda (replica of Buddha’s foot print), the very massive unfinished Pathtotawgyi Pagoda, the world largest functioning bronze-made Mingun Bell , Memorial Hall of Mingun Sayadaw ,and unique styled Myatheindan white-washed pagoda. Set sail back to MayanjanJetty and arrive at Mandalay at sunset-time.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Remark: Irrawaddy Dolphin Watching is available from October to March.
Pax Per Group Rate
0-1 pax USD650
• Private river boat from Mandalay to Indaung village (Round Trip) on Irrawaddy River
• Professional English Speaking Guide to accompany
• Entrance fees at Mingun
• Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the tour
• Water, Coffee, Tea, fruits on board
• Brand new Bed sheet, pillows and towels, blankets
• Jetty to Hotel Transfer (In/Out)
• Hire local fishermen for demonstration and small boat to watch the dolphin
• Meals per mentioned in the itinerary
Excluded Services -
• Services not specified in the itinerary,
• International and domestic flight tickets
• Personal expenditure such as tips, drinks, souvenirs, laundry, etc.,
• Travel insurance (to cover against all cancellation costs, medical expenses, repatriation in the event of accident or serious illness).
• Meals (except on tour)